This first home is a short-sale. We have an offer in and we're waiting to hear from the bank. It could be a few more months before we know the verdict. Pros: 4 bedrooms on the main floor and the basement is finished. They left most of the basement open, so it has a HUGE family room down stairs. Perfect for homeschooling. It also has a walk-out basement. Most of the windows face north, so the house gets lots of natural light without the direct sun. Cons: Not fenced, it needs some color- lots of tan inside and out.
When the basement was finished a play room was made under the staircase. This wall would be fun to spruce up and make look like a fort or a house.
I absolutely LOVE the kitchen!
House #2 is so cute and homey in person!! This house is super CLEAN!! Pros: finished basement, large open family room down stairs, big bedrooms, large deck off of the dining area. From the front, this home looks like a one-story home, but from the back the basement is level with the ground. So, it has tons of natural light and a walk-out basement. Great views. Cons: two bedrooms upstairs and two down. We're not sure we're ready to have the kids spread out all over the house yet. Not a short-sale so the price is higher per square foot.
Great view from the deck. The yard is a little sloped, but still plenty of room for the kids to play.
I'm a sucker for cozy fireplaces.
House #3 is so inviting. So far the pros: fully finished, except for one room in the basement. Large landscaped lot with an RV pad that could be transformed into a basketball court, room for trampoline and a play set. Big concrete patio off of the family room. Close to biking and hiking trails. Cons: lots of flowerbeds to weed, small upstairs family room. Also, there is a ton of concrete and it has settled in some places a few inches. $$$ to replace or I can just live with it. The landscaping needs some TLC to get it back into shape. This one is also a short-sale, so the price is great!
Backyard

8 comments:
All three are really beautiful!
So are any of these homes in Saratoga Springs? Hope so!
Oh what fun! Good luck choosing and being chosen. FYI: Preen is your best friend in the garden. Spread it and no new plants come up (including the seeds you just planted, so use judiciously).
They are all beautiful. The process of buying a house is stressful, but so worth it!! Keep us informed as you go along!
Those are all lovely! I think my fav is #2-- It's big enough, and the back yard is huge! I also like that it's not a short sale. We have an offer in on a short sale right now-- maybe the bank will get back to us in 4 months!
I say #1 or #3...I think the bedrooms together is a deal-breaker for you guys. They are all amazing!!!
Love them all! How exciting! I love the details and all the pics you include!
See you soon!
I don't think there is a bad one in the bunch. I hope the whole house hunting goes well. I am a tinge jealous. A house with a basement and a yard. Wow... that would be soooo expensive where we live.
Post a Comment