- Spend an afternoon to get all drawers and closets organized only to have a bigger jumble of a mess after the kids put away the clothes. It took longer to organize the second time.
- Scrub all the walls in the house- Aahhhhhhh CLEAN- just to have the kids accicentally put a hole in the bathroom wall by swinging the door too hard (Malia had removed the door stopper a few minutes earlier) and roll their skateboard in the kitchen and use the wall as brakes. Yeap, a big hole. So much for the walls looking nice this week and a few projects for Saturday's To Do list.
- Create a new menu to incorporate more vegetables, get all the shopping done, preheat the oven and begin preparing the first meal on the menu (roasted vegetables) only to discover Malia's plastic Ikea plate is now a liquid and ON FIRE! The entire house stinks and the oven can't be used. I let the oven cool and now there is a blue plastic coating on the oven racks and bottom of the oven. I've got the oven 98% clean, now the racks to clean this afternoon. Hopefully, I can use the oven to make dinner tonight. Microwaved vegetables and casseroles just aren't the same.
I'm hoping this little dance will end soon. I added the "Keep Calm" on the sidebar to remind myself to inhale and breath and move forward! I'm sure the memories will be funny to me in the future.
5 comments:
WOW! I think I'd take a week off!!
Why is it that things ALWAYS seem to go wrong in groups? I can handle one thing...but one right after another and suddenly the patience I prayed for that morning is gone :)
I guess that is what happens once they can actually move around, crawl, walk, run, put things where they don't belong... sorry! It will be funny in 6 months...
Taking the week off is tempting! I'm hoping our little run of things going wrong is over for now:)
Hopefully karma will start paying you back soon. That doesn't sound like a fun few days.
I love the Keep Calm and Carry On. that is so perfect. I need that reminder a lot!
Post a Comment