Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Fireworks and a Blackberry

The fireworks display the city puts on is fantastic!!! So we heard. We got advice on where to go watch to get the best view with minimal traffic afterwards. 7:30 p.m. we loaded up the car and drove to find 'the best spot', a park by the river. Nope, we couldn't find the park. So, at 8:30 we went to the actual location where the fireworks were to be let off. No one was there. That's odd.

Mark got out his blackberry and checked out the information (which we should have done beforehand). Oh, the display that is all the rage was on the 3rd of July. Ooops. The kids were really disappointed. Trying to appease them, Mark found information about a small town not too far away that had a show starting at 9:30. We found a great spot- a factory parking lot on the hill above the park where they were let off. They even had their display 'synchronized' to a local country music station. Welcome to the midwest!!




Tailgating with the family fun mobile

2 comments:

Emily & Co. said...

That's to funny!!! Glad you found one!!!!

Hartleys said...

I'm sooo sorry - you know, I thought I had heard that the fireworks at Rosenblatt were on Friday so when I got your voicemail talking about going on Saturday, I SHOULD have called you!!!! Did you end up going to Ralston? I'm sure you had fun wherever you were! Let's get together soon......