A few weeks ago went in to get myhair cut. I had been mulling over a new hair style for a while. The stylist and I talked about cutting bangs, a few layers around the face, long layers in the back and leaving the length. I showed her a few times how much hair I wanted as bangs, just a wisp.
I was feeling confident that we had communicated well and she began to cut. She trimmed around the bottom and cut the bangs. So far, so good. By this time, I really wasn't paying much attention to what the stylist was doing because I was busy chatting with Brooklynn.
Now it was time to start layering. And what do you think happened? She layered the hair around my face and tripled the amount of bangs! Yes, they take up half of the top of my head! I can either wear my hair curly and have a pom-pom on the top of my head or wear it straight and look like I have a graduation tassle glued to my head. It's a toss up- pom-pom, tassle, pom-pom, tassle. What looks better? It's a bad hair day everyday. I'm praying for my hair to grow an inch quickly so I can tuck it all behind my ear and have it disappear.
8 comments:
WOW! You're going to have to post a picture! I think I would choose tassle...
I'd have to agree with Emily and choose tassle, but pom pom sounds intriguing. I'm so sorry Mal! I've been there.
Seriously, this can't be a post without a picture.
My problem with haircuts is that the lady does an awesome job styling it, then I get home and when I go to do it the next day after a shower it looks awful.
Malissa,
OH, I am so, so sorry! That haircutter...why did she not listen to you? Why is it that sometimes they have to take matters into their own hands...literally!
But your story reminded me of one of my companions on my mission.She went to this haircutter, to just get a trim, and started talking about the Book of Mormon with her. The lady must have either been intrigued by her story, or not paying attention to what she was doing...because, her haircut turned out horrible. Sister Hawkins vowed to never share the story of the Book of Mormon again when she was getting her hair cut!
Malissa,
OH, I am so, so sorry! That haircutter...why did she not listen to you? Why is it that sometimes they have to take matters into their own hands...literally!
But your story reminded me of one of my companions on my mission.She went to this haircutter, to just get a trim,I think, and started talking about the Book of Mormon with her. The lady must have either been intrigued by her story, or not paying attention to what she was doing...because, her haircut turned out horrible. Sister Hawkins vowed to never share the story of the Book of Mormon again when she was getting her hair cut!
sorry, my comment showed up twice! It wasn't THAT interesting!
Oh No!
I still love you!
I've been a bit camera shy lately so I don't have any pics to share. I have re-discovered a few hairstyling tricks from highschool days- moving my part, feathering, hairspraying and bobby pinning.I'm finally getting to the point where I can laugh about it.
Post a Comment