Thursday, May 28, 2009

Airing my dirty laundry

The past month I have been trying to squeeze more order into my universe. It's an entirely uphill battle.

I've:
1. revamped our homeschooling cirriculum
2. reorganized a few of the rooms in the house
3. put primary together (children's Sunday School- I'm the president again)
4. created weekly menus and organized recipes using allrecipes.com
5. created an evening house cleaning routine that involves family participation
6. Started a regular exercise regimen.

Still to conquer -the laundry.

Last week I let the laundry get ahead of me and yesterday when Mark donned a t-shirt and jeans to wear to work (without complaining) I knew an immediate intervention was in order.

The Intervention:


My dirty laundry

Driving 10 loads of laundry to the nearest laundry mat. Can I just tell you how wonderful it feels to get all of it washed, dried, hung up, folded and put away in 2 hours instead of 2 days? Dreamy! Leaving the kids home next week and taking a book...dreamier. Coming back from the laundry mat to a house cleaned by Merry Maids...dreamiest! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah wouldn't that be nice! I think I'm on to something...something good!

3 comments:

Emily & Co. said...

You are too funny! I HAVE to stay on top of the laundry...or I don't have enough school uniforms and Noall doesn't have enough garments. Now the dishes...that's another story!

oneHeidifamily said...

Wow, good for you, for taking all those clothes to the laundry mat. I just hope, if they were shirts that needed to be hung up right away or anything like that, that they didn't get wrinkled on the drive home!!!!

Karen said...

Oh, that reminds me of the good ol' laundry mats in NYC. Thanks for the memory. BTW, your kids are just precious ;)