To change a name of a child under the age of 18:
1. Fill out a few forms and submit paper work to the local superior court
2. Run an ad in the paper for 4 consecutive weeks stating intent to change names and allow the public to protest
3. If no one protests by 2 days before the court date you do not have to appear and change of name request is granted
4. Contact County Records for a new birth certificate
5. Contact Social Security Office for new card
So far, I'm still on step 1. Maybe tomorrow I'll call the county office and make sure the rules apply to a 13 day old:) Hopefully there is a grace period.
2 comments:
Wow, it seems crazy that you would have to put an announcement in the paper for you own child! I wonder who made that rule?
It does sound like a lot of work just for a name change.
Post a Comment