Sunday, May 4, 2008

Highlights of the week

1. We made gumdrop cookie arrangements and took them to grandma and a few of the kids' friends (similar to these http://www.kckpl.lib.ks.us/YS/COOKING/COOKPOP.HTM we used wooden skewers and the entire mint leaf)
2. I found 4 garbage bags worth of things to donate in the kids' rooms. And, I actually made it to Good Will to drop it all off.
3. I finished planning the Mother's Day sharing time- which the men are incharge of because all of the women will be in Relief Society.
4. I finished making arrangements for primary from May 25-Father's Day. I'll be gone and my counselors will be gone for a few of those weeks as well.
5. We (meaning Mark) moved my brother and his family into a new house. Jeffrey is excited because it's closer to us!
6. We went to the local feed store to look for a new hutch for Brooklynn's rabbit, Hopper. They no longer carry them. But we had fun looking at all the baby ducks and chickens. Brooklynn now has her heart set on having a baby duck. Good Luck to her.
7. Watching "Journey of Faith". Great show!
8. After months of searching our local used book store, I finally found Elmer and the Dragon and The Dragons of Blueland. Yeah! They are sequals to My Father's Dragon by Ruth Stilles Gannett. Jeffrey and Brooklynn LOVE it. We've read it several times over the last year. It's a cute imaginative story about a boy and his adventures trying to rescue a dragon from slavery.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

isn't it fun hunting down books and finding them? did you try searching for them online at all?

Malissa said...

I did find them on paperbackswap a while ago, but I knew they would eventually turn up at our second hand book store.