Monday, August 22, 2011

124 doses down, 76 more to go

Last Monday, Jeffrey went to bed at noon. He woke up the next morning complained that his throat was hurting and he had a fever. I took him to the doctor (a few of us had sore throats also and were tired) and sure enough, he had strep throat.
Since we are allergic to penicillin, we have fewer medication options. The one our doctor wanted to give us was $100 per person taken once a day for four days. One Hundred Dollars. Five Hundred Dollars for antibiotics! Since we are currently 'self-pay' I asked for something more budget friendly. So here we are Cephlaxin. Total= $53 but such an inconvenience- 4 times a day for 10 days! I'm trying to decide what type of treat I deserve when I'm done administering 200 doses!

2 comments:

Emily & Co. said...

Oh, no!!! I'm so sorry! Hopefully he's feeling better soon!!!!!

Rachel and Derrik said...

I'm thinking a big pan of warm brownies. If you lived closer, I would bring them to you!