Wednesday, October 21, 2009

On the First Day of Swine Flu

My doctor gave to me,
A big box of Kleenex tissue.
On the second day of swine flu my doctor gave to me,
2 Tamiflu, and a big box of Kleenex tissue.
On the third day of swine flu my doctor gave to me,
3 sick kids, 2 Tamiflu, and a big box of Kleenex tissue.

Okay, okay, let's skip to the end.

On what feels like the twelfth day of swine flu my doctor gave to me,
12 worried relatives,
11 gallons of liquid,
10 hours of coughing,
9 body aches,
8 moody outbursts,
7 hours of cold sweats,
6 doctor co-pays,
5 HOURS OF SLEEP.
4 bubble gum Motrin,
3 sick kids,
2 Tamiflu,
And a big box of Kleenex tissue!

6 comments:

Maursupial said...

Ouch!! I'm so sorry!

Receli said...

I love the song!

JADA said...

So sorry you are all sick - on the bright side you have not lost your brilliant sense of humor!

Melissa said...

Oh no!! You've run out of days to sing about...hoping the flu has run its course, too! So do all the kids have it, too?

Malissa said...

The baby and I started out with strep throat and bronchitis 9 days ago. Then Jeffrey got strep 2 days later, followed by me and the baby getting the flu the next day. 24 hours later everyone was sick, except for Mark. Now we're starting to feel better, just fighting our allergic reactions (a new development) to the penicillin.

I'm hoping for a clean bill of health next week. i'm starting to get a little stir crazy!

Sea Star said...

We have all avoided the flu so far. I really hope it stays that way. I am sorry that you have all been sick and I hope you are all better now.