Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

With Mark working and 2 sick girls on Thanksgiving, I was glad we had a simple feast to prepare: crock pot chicken (shhhhhhhhh, aka "turkey". Don't tell the kids.), mashed red potatos, stuffing, vegetables, Costco rolls, and a chocolate pudding pie. Jeffrey was at home in the kitchen as I barked out orders. Brooklynn helped peeling carrots and cutting celery. Both Jeffrey and Brooklynn agreed that this was the best Thanksgiving food ever.



We spent the day like we did when I was growing up playing games:battleship, chess, and Jenga. We ended the evening watching Home Alone. The best part was hearing Jeffrey laughing hystarically and Brooklynn telling me how smart kids are to think of all 'those things'.

/div>

1 comment:

oneHeidifamily said...

Malissa,
It sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving dinner. That turkey secret is safe with me!!!! Hey, I can't stand turkey(I know there will be several people who won't believe they're reading this) so I could do without it all the time on Thanksgiving. But, can you have the ham on hand?
Happy late Thanksgiving to you! I miss you!