Wednesday afternoon we began our eastward move. With the 6'x12' trailor in tow we got 9 mpg over the Sierras. We averaged 45 mph and at times we were going 35. Mark turned on the hazards and we were being passed by diesel trucks. But, going so slow, this time I noticed for the first time the wild flowers and the different shades of green on the evergreen trees. I can't count how many times I've made the drive and never noticed. Who knew!
Both Jeffrey and Malia got car sick, but we were blessed that they threw up at a gas station and not in the car! What a mess that would have been!
We've made it to UT and spent yesterday with Jeremy's family. Jeffrey played video games with Canyon. Brooklynn met their neighbor girl and she came over to play barbies. Malia spent the day sleeping and Mark and I played cards with Bridget and Jeremy. The ladies won- of course! Congrats to us!!
My sister, Rachel, was able to come up from Provo for lunch. She brought along her "friend" who receives our stamp of approval. He helped Mark unhitch the trailor which was more of a challenge that we thought it would be.
The drama for the day was Brooklynn's blood blister. She got it a few days ago from her roller skates. Yesterday it was swollen and her entire toe was red. Mark was able to get most of it drained while I held her and Bridget got needles, bandaids, salt water, etc. Hopefully it's looking better this morning, or we'll need to get her an antibiotic.
Today we're off to visit with Mark's family!
2 comments:
What a whirlwind few weeks this has been! Seems we just learned you would be moving east and now here you are, all your possession in tow, inching through the western mountain ranges.
Hope you continue to enjoy your trip!
Wow!!! Quite an eventful trip to Utah! I'm so glad you're posted how the trip is going, so we can keep track of you! Have fun in Utah and good luck as you keep chugging along!!!
Post a Comment